Friday, November 26, 2010

-- Week One --

I'm just about to log off my computer which will mark the end of my first week as a PostDoc.  There have been ups and downs, that's for sure, but as it turns out, the things that I feared the most are actually going over quite well.  Here it is in a nutshell...

The Good:
-  Taking the GO bus is actually almost enjoyable.  The bus is spacious, the seats are like on an airplane, and so far, the bus has been empty enough that no one has even needed to sit beside me.  Much different than the GO train or the subway in Toronto!

- The walk from the GO bus station to my building isn't that bad at all.  Its about 10 to 15 minutes, which I'm sure will be less comfortable as the wind chill gets worse around here, but all in all, its good exercise.

- Getting up early has actually been tolerable.  In fact, going to sleep at the same time as Lucas has been really nice.  Waking up is tough, but honestly, its just as tough getting up at 7am as 5:30am.

- Work from home days are awesome! I worked from home yesterday and just having that one day of not having to travel, or dress in anything but PJs completely balanced my week!

The Bad:
- Monday sucked.  Bad.  It was a crazy long day and I crashed at the end.  I expect that Mondays will continue to be really difficult as I need be at work for over 9 hours.  Add to that 4 more hours of commuting-related travel and thats a LONG day.

The Ugly:
- I'm not going to share a picture, but suffice it to say, that going to bed with wet hair, does not make a pretty picture in the morning :)  I'm trying to make it so that I can get ready faster in the mornings, so I tried showering before bed last night.  It certainly saved some time, but I had good 10-15 minutes of flat-ironing to do this morning to tame the beast :)

** To top it off, I'm headed to the One of a Kind Show right now - a great end to the week!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity