Wednesday, November 03, 2010

-- A Bookcase for a Little Princess --

I know that I've mentioned it before, but I happen to believe that my husband is a pretty talented guy.  So, since I made a recent commitment to blog everyday for the month of November (add to that I don't feel particularly inspiring lately), I'd like to highlight one of his projects at least once per week.  The most recently completed item to come out of the Clark Wood Creations workshop is a dollhouse/bookcase that one of his customers commissioned him to build.  The concept was inspired by similar pieces from The Land of Nod and Pottery Barn and I think this turned out as nice if not better than its competition :)


Though it might not look it here, this piece is scaled more like a children's bookcase than a regular dollhouse.  Its over 4 ft tall and has lots of storage for stuffed animals, books, toys and of course dolls.  Lucas tells me that it is made from solid popular for the roof, and trim pieces and a furniture grade plywood for the walls and shelves.
I think it is positively adorable, and luckily, its new owner, 3-year-old Claire agrees!

4 comments:

Kelley Robinson said...

That's beautiful! What a talented guy, that husband of yours!

Littlec said...

It is too adorable. I need to think about my next order from Lucas. Actually, we need a bookcase. Only how to get it here...

Lucky Girl said...

Hmmm... I'm sure delivery could be negotiated :) Its not like Ottawa is too far away!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is adorable.

So talented.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity