Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Newest Spring Project

Despite the crazy snow storm we got Tuesday, I'm thinking of Spring! So, last night I made a trip to Michael's to get a spring-y wreath for the front door. I browsed the ready-made wreaths and found a few that I liked, but they were quite pricey and I was convinced I could do something similar myself. Off I went to the floral section and I started picking up items that I liked.

I ended up with a plain grape vine wreath (only $5) and 3 bunches of white berry covered grass-y things (only 2.50 each). This morning I pulled out the glue gun, ribbon and scissors and got to work. After pulling apart the grassy-bunches, I made my way around the wreath gluing in sections of the grass every couple inches. I finished the wreath of with a home-made bow and a little egg that I had laying around the house. So, while I still spent $60 at Michael's I came home with not just a wreath but a bunch of scrap-booking supplies, some other flowers for around the house and the materials I need to make a sweet Easter treat... Not to shabby if I do say so myself :)

What do you think?

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity