Friday, April 10, 2009

Cake Pops!!!

I hopped on the band-wagon and made cake pops today! I followed Bakerella's instructions that I found here and here. While mine are much lumpier and bumpier than Bakerella's version, I've had much less practice.

Here's a run down of what I did.

Baked a cake in a 9x13 pan (I made lemon cake), cooled it and then crumbled it up finely.


Then I added a whole can of frosting and blended the cake and frosting together. Once it was well combined I formed the mixture into egg-shaped balls, covered them and put them in the freezer over night to harden. Btw, forming the eggs was kind of messy, the cake stuck to my hands and fingers a lot so I had to rinse my nasty hands off after every 6 eggs or so.


After the eggs were quite firm, I dipped each egg in melted chocolate. I used Wilton candy melts in white, yellow and pink.


This was the most difficult step and a couple eggs ended up having to be sacrificed due to my poor dipping skills! Oops!

Once everything was dipped, I went ahead and decorated my eggs. With a combination of corn syrup (which took forever to dry), the melted candy, sprinkles and writing fondant, here are the final products! I hope they taste as good as they look!



2 comments:

Littlec said...

These look amazing Amanda, as does your wreath!

~April

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!!! You did a kick butt job. I'm impressed! :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity