Sunday, December 04, 2011

-- Dare to... Give Homemade Gifts --

Its that time again - Dare to DIY party time with Kim at the NewlyWoodwards!  This week its all about the homemade gifts and if you know Lucas and I we do lots of homemade gifts every year for Christmas.

The thing is... most of the people that we are giving gifts to this year also read the blog and I really don't want to give it away.  But here's a glimpse at what we gave our family last year...

Both sets of Moms and Dads received a desk clock and matching pen/pencil holder (not pictured).


We made this photo key holder for Lucas' grandparents who had sold their home and moved into a smaller condo during the year.


My little sister wanted a walnut end-grain cutting board and this one had an especially beautiful grain pattern.


And the big one for last Christmas was a hall table for Lucas' sister.  It was a combination of a bubinga top and a black stained ash bottom.


For this year I do have one special set of gifts that I can share and that's because they are for the pets of the family - chances are they aren't reading the blog :)

I made them little winter coats with a beautiful snowflake fleece.  Here's Izzy modelling the coat that she will be tearing open and my parent's dog Levi will have a matching one.



They have the nice fleece beside their fur and a coordinating grey on the outside.



And just so that the other pets in the family don't left out - I made a much bigger version out of just fleece for the family golden retriever...


And a tiny, miniature version with matching blanket for my niece's pet hamster "Runner". I was actually talking to her on the phone when I told her I was making something for Runner and she actually guessed that it was a shirt... 5 year olds aren't supposed to be so good at guessing :)



Check out some of the other neat gift ideas at the Newlywoodwards!

Dare to DIY

 And many other DIY projects here:

The DIY Show Off



6 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These gifts are honestly amazing! Wow! These are beyond homemade. These are perfect. Love te clocks - wow! And I'm totally jonesing for that cutting board for myself. Also / fun fleece coats. What a great idea! Did you use a pattern?

Thanks So much For linking up to Dare to DIY. Your gifts are always the top of the pack.

DecorandtheDog said...

Ahh, I love the doggie gifts. Too cute!

kim said...

Awesome wooden gifts! That cutting block is gorgeous.

natasha {schue love} said...

SO cute! LOVE the pet sweaters...my golden Wilson would just love that! ;)

*claire* said...

so pretty. you all are so talented!

longbrakeliving said...

These are INCREDIBLE! I'm especially fond of the clocks. You and your Hubby are super talented!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity