Wednesday, July 13, 2011

-- I Made This --

A couple weeks ago I came across a really neat idea and it led me to Pin.Sew.Press and a project tutorial that she had posted.  Around this time, my mother-in-law was celebrating a birthday and I was wracking my brain trying to think of something to buy/make/give her.  Perfect timing!  

Because I was short on time (only had one evening), I stopped at Walmart and was able to pick up everything I needed.  I bought two kitchen towels, a stack of coordinating fabric, some thread and a spool of ribbon.  After an hour of cutting, pressing and pinning, here's one of the finished products.


 There are two strips of fabric sewn on the front side of the towel, just far enough apart that it makes it possible to wrap the towel over the oven handle.  I strung some ribbon through each strip of fabric and tied the ends so that the towel stays securely on the bar.


Now I won't find myself searching for a towel that my husband has "relocated" :)

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is adorable. I totally want to make it, too.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity