Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Sarah Richardson Disappointment...

If you know me, or have read any previous posts, I'm usually a HUGE fan of Sarah Richardson and have been since high school.  But, her recent farmhouse edition of Sarah's House has failed to impress me.  You've already heard about my love of white kitchens, neutral and jewel tones (hello - royal purple door) and this is usually where Sarah really excels!  Her palette for this show however feels like a complete reversal. 

While I'm trying to accept the burnt red entry room and the blue and brown bedroom, I did not love the yellow bathroom that was revealed last week...




but I get that the yellow/gray combination is hot right now so I tried to move on.

But with this week's kitchen episode I just can't turn a blind eye. 


 Yellow and gray again???  Yes, there are beautiful elements like the light fixtures, the tile and I love the bar stools, but I can't get over the yellow explosion.


Please, please, please try not to go overboard with the farm style Sarah - those of us who grew up in farmland know that the color of buttercups looks much more appealing in a field.  Let's try to branch out shall we?

1 comment:

Littlec said...

Yeah, not wowed at all. Is the bathroom supposed to look dirty? I like clean bathrooms.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity