- July was chock full of heartbreak as we lost a wonderful man, a wonderful grandfather. Our lives are significantly emptier without him.
- July was also when we packed our home in a UHaul and waited, very impatiently, for the legal paperwork required for our move to the US. Luckily I had my mom around to keep me sane as well as Lucas' brother and father to help with the heavy lifting.
- We made the trek from Toronto, Ontario to Chattanooga, Tennessee on August 1st. Lucas, me, Izzy, Lucas' dad and my parents helped us with the drive and the unpacking in our new home. Leaving our parents at the Atlanta airport was incredibly difficult. It become truly real that we were starting a chapter of our lives *really* far away from our families.
|Mom and Dad enjoying the hot sunshine at a downtown restaurant in Chattanooga.|
- I started my position at UTC and classes started much earlier than I was used to. We also spent time unpacking our things (though we did leave a mirror on the floor for a very long time because Izzy liked gazing at her own reflection) and exploring a bit of our new city.
- Had our first visit from family. Lucas' aunt, uncle and cousin came for an overnight.
- Settled into our back deck and Lucas learned our new Big Green Egg BBQ.
- Continued our exploration of our city... on the motorcycle and some old-fashioned 2-wheelers :-)
- Played hooky for a day at the 'beach'
- Took in our first college football game!
- Learned that Izzy actually enjoys brushing her own teeth.
- Finished out September with even more heartache as we said goodbye to my wonderful Papa. I didn't know hurt like this until it happened.
- My new office - with a window!
- Celebrating the end of my first term as an Assistant Professor!
- Christmas visits with BOTH families!! Featuring cuddles with the newest member of the family...
Seeing this amazing little one go from being a toddler to be a really awesome kid - and such a great big sister!
Someone was not happy about finding clothes in a fruit snacks box!
2012 finished off with both of us being incredibly sick with sinus infections. Gross. I can thoroughly say that we were incredibly happy to welcome 2013. 2012 was a year of heartache, fear, new and scary opportunities and some loneliness. We have never been so happy to put a year behind us.
2013 though? Its been a blast so far!