Monday, June 21, 2010

Our best for our guests...

The Rambling Renovators recently blogged about a good experience they had with ordering fabric via Tonic Living and their recommendation led me to the Tonic Living site - not because I had any reason to visit, but I can't resist fabric browsing!

Seriously though, I had no intention of liking anything there but I did find a few swatches that had me thinking about how I might be able to incorporate some new fabric into my life :)

See we've got this little guest room that rarely sees much action, but when it does, we really want it to make a good impression and lately I've been thinking its a little lackluster.  Its got all the makings of a nice room, comfy bed, loungy-ish chair, nice big mirror, but its seriously wanting in style.  I'm thinking though that the fabric I found could make all the difference.

We've got some pretty simple solid, medium grey bedding in the room and I'd like to work with it.  This fabric, in the form of a throw pillow, may work nicely...



This zebra print would also need to make an appearance, do you think as a bolster pillow?



Finally, though we have blinds for the window, I'd like to find a way to hide them during the day (since they are a little ugly).  Jenny at Little Green Notebook posted plans for a pelmet box that might do the trick perfectly... what do you think of using the fabric below to upholster the box with?




The room would also need a new coat of paint (its currently lilac, but its been needing a refresh for quite some time), and maybe a bigger scaled lamp, but I think that less than $50 in fabric could go a long way - not too bad considering that Tonic Living is offering 10% off and free shipping in southern Ontario...

Should I go for it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it! Those ideas sound great and I love the fabrics.
April

Ann said...

I love the colours of each of the swatches. This is going to be an amazin room. I would take two colours from the first pillow for painting. The colours of the stems of the flowers would work great. The dark stem colour to paint the ceiling and the lighter for the walls. Hope you post pics when it is done.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Love the fabrics you've picked! The bottom two are on a more linen-like background. They'd look great in a neutral space with greys, creams, browns, and blacks.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity