Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!!

Today is my father's 50th birthday!!  He's just a young chap isn't he? 

We celebrated a little early last weekend while I was in the Maritimes for a visit.  Dad had a great time with everyone at his birthday dinner (there were over 20 of us) and I had an awesome time visiting with all of my family. 


 We pulled off a few surprises - like my sister flying in from Toronto to join us and my mom's gift being tickets to Tennessee to watch a NASCAR race that he has been dying to see. 


It seemed that Kaylee (my niece) also had a good time.  She loves being the center of attention and she was lucky enough to be the center of virtually everyone's attention for the whole night!


She also loved hanging out with her little cousin, Layla.  Kaylee kept herself busy during dinner feeding Layla her dinner and reading her books :)


The night was really great - here's Mom and Dad right after he opened his surprise gift from her - he was super happy!


I also just found out that Dad pulled off a bit of a surprise of his own, he and Mom celebrated his actual birthday today picking up a new GMC Terrain... lets just say I'm counting the days til I turn 50, or at least til I can take it for a test drive :)

Happy Birthday Dad!  I hope you've had a great day!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity