Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Life Laughs...

A couple weeks ago, my university bookstore was having a sidewalk sale and all the books were $2 so when I saw Jenny McCarthy's "Life Laughs" I figured I didn't have much to lose and snatched it up. 



I had heard lots of good things about her previous books on pregnancy and motherhood so I expected this one to be decent as well... but not so much.  On one hand, Jenny has had some super funny experiences and if you find anything bodily related funny (farts, poo, bad breath...) you will definitely laugh a bunch while reading this book.  But on the other hand, the topics are totally randomly strung together and she finishs off each 'chapter' with a preachy paragraph where she tries to make her embarrassing life situation into a life lesson for the reader - which if you know anything about Jenny McCarthy - is SO not genuine!  While this was a super easy read (like finished it in 2 days flat) I just don't think the easy laughs were worth it - not worth my 2 bucks and not worth my time.  Bummer!

But, I'm making my way through "The Birth House" now and am really enjoying it.  Hopefully I'll have a review of that one soon :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity